Thursday, June 12, 2003

Digital Theory of the I Ching (易經數位論)

Digital Theory of the I Ching (易經數位論)
[通訊技術 ]
(2003/06/12)



Digital Theory of the I Ching

The diagram above illustrates the differentiation and unification of the patterns described by the I Ching. The I Ching uses polar, binary codes to illuminate these patterns, which are common to all things in nature and the universe.

The diagram below illustrates the two switch modes (on and off) possible for a three-bit computer chip. A three-bit computer chip is constructed of a pile of three switches. The combination of the two switch modes and the three switches brings about a possible eight-switch combination. This diagram demonstrates a core principle of computers, which utilize a binary system (a system of two numbers) rather than the more vague decimal system (a system of ten numbers). The trigrams of the I Ching also utilize the binary system in order to define the many objects of nature. Because there are only two possible situations, on or off, the combination of these switches is the most accurate for representing any object or function. This system of differentiation brought about the creation of computers.

An in depth study of the I Ching and the diagram above may bring about the creation of a machine such as computers that use the binary properties as illustrated in both diagrams.

Science of I Ching

1. The I Ching is the digital coding system of the past 5,000 years - The foundation of the digital revolution of computers.

2. The unigrams, bigrams, trigrams and hexagrams of the I Ching are fractal patterns representative of the changes that occur throughout the universe.

3. Scientists who were enlightened after studying the I Ching include Leibniz, Niels Bohr, and Einstein.

Editor's Comments:

As this diagram should make abundantly clear, the I Ching binary system is not something whose relevance is confined "merely" to computer software. It has an immediate and direct bearing on the nitty-gritty of computer hardware design as well.

-- Bevin Chu

Explanation: Digital Theory of I Ching
Illustration(s): Digital Theory of I Ching
Author(s): David Lee, Joseph Kim
Affiliation: I Ching
Source: http://www.69yinyang.com/course20.html
Publication Date: 1992
Original Language: English
Editor: Bevin Chu, Registered Architect

No comments: